Monday, February 8, 2010

Things I love Part Uno

In honor of Valentine's Day, I am doing a six part segment on things I love. Now let me be clear, these are going to be somewhat superficial things. I am not going to include the obvious, like my husband/roommate, family, friends, kids, etc. These may be things worth money, some things sentimental or things I don't have yet that I would like to have. Judge all you want, I don't care.

ONE:
I LOVE MY RED HAIR

This relationship has not always been so positive; when I was younger I used to ask my Mom to let me dye my hair b/c I hated being made fun of. I will never forget when I was in junior high a boy yelled in front of a big group of kids: "Does your carpet match your curtains?". Honestly, I am not sure I really got his joke at the time, but I never forgot it.

Then there was another time (again in junior high, uggh) when my Mom made me this really pretty green jumper outfit. I was feeling pretty cute in it until I walked into the 6th grade dance and one of the boys yelled out "You look like Gumby". OMG, wanted to die. I know Gumby doesn't have red hair but I always associate this comment with my hair.

So, on to today. I love when people comment on my hair, love that it sets me apart and love that it gives me an excuse for having a temper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember the green jumper outfit and that dance like it was yesterday! (Now, granted, I was the biker chick!) I love your hair! Good first segment choice! -Tressa