Friday, February 12, 2010

Things I love Part Cinco

I love my black Dodge Charger. (and yes, I loved my black Dodge Avenger wherever you are these days). I also like to name my black cars. Charley the Charger and Avery the Avenger. Notice the pattern here. Oh, and Charley is a girl and yes she is very fast. Actually, I only have girl cars, the last thing I need is a male car trying to tell me how to drive. I get myself where I need to go just fine, thank you, I don't need your advice (you know what I am talking about, men just think they know everything about driving).

I have always loved driving. I have driven whatever I could waaay before I was legal. Whether it be a 4-wheeler, jet ski, lawn mower, boat, or stole your babysitters car, I loved to drive. One time my friend and I decided that we could both drive the car and since we were too small to reach the pedals ourselves, one was the pedal operator and one was the steerer. Good thing we grew up in a small town and didn't kill ourselves or someone else! I think my Mom was really mad, but when she saw the car driving with two kids heads at the wheel, she was laughing.

I also really love speed, but I don't know what happened to me when I got Charley, I became a wimp!! Maybe part of that is that I now pay my own insurance and have to pay the price for tickets (just kidding, Mom!). I don't take full advantage of my power Charley gives to me, but when I need it, it is nice to know it is there.

What is it about black cars? Well, next time you are out at night and you see a freshly clean, black car under the moon light you will see just what I mean. Pure heaven. It just doesn't get any better than that!

Back to Charley. Have you seen that new Dodge commercial for the 2010 charger? It is advertised soley to men, talking about how manly it will make you feel to drive one. Puh-leeze. Women will enjoy it just as much, if not even more.

No comments: