Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Poker face

Editors note: I can keep confidential things (have to for my job!), but surprises such as presents, etc., I really suck at.

I wanted to surprise my roommate with Kenny Rodgers tickets for Valentines Day. Immediately after I bought the tickets I texted his friend, my friend and called my Mom. I was elated. I thought this was going to be such a great surprise. I held it in one whole evening. Then on Friday evening I bound in the living room and tell him I have a surprise for him, but its not here yet......I then allow him to guess a few things but I have to cover my face with a pillow b/c if he guesses it I will crack. He didn't guess.

The weekend goes by, I am still in the clear, then we are sitting on the couch watching TV on Monday and he says "Did you know Kenny is coming into town?". I start dying laughing (it was a really loud outburst). And then I tried to cover it up by saying that he surprised me by saying that (or something dumb like that). The sweet boy he is, he didn't press me, he knew I screwed up.

Two days later, the concert comes. I still think he doesn't know and try to get him to guess what it is when we were talking on the phone. He tells me that when I get in the car he will guess. I get in the car and guess what is playing : Kenny Rodgers. I die laughing. He informed me that I suck at secrets. He figured it out when I laughed.

Then....he proceeded to tell me that I showed him his X-mas present! It was in my office and I told him to come in and sit down and his present was right there, for him to see - I never thought about it nor did I have any clue he already saw it.

Geez.

By the way, Kenny was awesome and worth the money. I don't care that the average age person there was 79.5.

No comments: