Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I need to speak to a human

I understand we are in a recession, but seriously, can't I speak to a human anymore? I know I abuse the customer support people once I finally get them on the phone, but I promise if I can speak to a human and I raise my voice, I will promptly apologize and tell them I know it is not their fault.

I have been trying to get a technical support person on the phone for a few hours. I call, and they want my phone number to bring up my account, then they the computer voice tells me that my product is out of warranty, I need to talk to customer support (not technical support), I then get transferred to customer support and I have the option to leave a voicemail or email customer support.

I think I can trick the computer, so I call back and then I give a wrong phone number. The computer promptly tells me to hang up and go online to retrieve my account number or call customer support. Tried customer support again and I get a VM again. The VM says their office hours are 8 - 5 p.m. eastern time and no, it wasn't lunch time.

I have emailed both customer support and technical support, and left messages on the customer support VM and nothing. AARGH!

P.S. I would even take speaking to a non-fluent English speaking human over a computer at this point.

No comments: