Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Animals v. Humans

No, this is not a post about my desire for a dog. It is about the Octopulet mom. I watched the entire interview last night and was sickened. It is so sick how she actually admits it MAY have been selfish to have ANY more children after she already has six, 3 of which have disabilities.

As some of you know, I had to put my beloved dog, Chloe, to sleep this summer. It was truly the hardest decision in my life thus far. The vet was the most comforting and caring that she could have been and told me that she thinks that we treat our animals much better than humans because we allow our animals to die peacefully instead of suffering through a terminal prognosis. I truly agree.

How does this relate to Octopulet Mom? Well, I think that if this was a person that had 50 animals in their 2 bedroom house then someone would call Animal Rescue and they would remove some if not all of them because one person can't take care of all of those animals, unless they live on a ranch or farm of course. So, why is it OK to allow this woman who remind you, has no job or prospect of job, no home (she lives in her Mom's home), no extended family for help, to keep 14 kids? I don't give a crap that she is a single Mom, I would feel the same way if this was a married couple with no resources. My heart truly goes out to these children who almost have no chance of a normal, thriving childhood.

Oh, and since this is supposed to be funny - I do find humor that people are comparing her to Angelina Jolie. It does look like she has had some work done on those lips! However, I am fully aware that facial features do enlarge during pregnancy. My sister's nose spread across half her face. Poor thing. It did go back down though!! HA!

No comments: