Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy B-day Bubbles

Time to reminisce about my baby sister, or only sister that is. She and I used to be like peanut butter and jelly. Even if we hated each other that day, we had to work together to protect ourselves from the wrath of our brother, or at the very least, to get our chores done so we could go to the pool. I am not sure how this came about, but one day we were riding our bikes and she was singing and laughing and I just started calling her bubbles. She liked this name so much she even put it on the back of her softball shirt.

There were times when her laughter was not so much appreciated, and somehow it always happened that she would have a breakdown at the grocery store. See, my Mom got tired of us complaining what was in the cabinets to eat, so Mom would make her list, and we would get our coupons and away to the store we went. I think the arrangement worked out pretty good, but maybe Mom's checking account would argue. Anyway, I would always be the organizer and Bubbles would drive the cart. Bubbles would begin to laugh at lord knows what and before I knew it she would be holding on to the handle of the shopping cart holding herself up from falling on the floor laughing so hard, making this awful noise. It was so absurd and was not funny after about the 10th time (and god forbid I allow my younger sister to embarrass me in public!). I titled these breakdowns as "shopping cart". The phrase is still used between us time to time. Guess I am just sooo funny she can't handle it. I wish I had a cell phone with video back then, I could really embarrass her now!

Anyway, Happy Birthday Bubbles. I miss the easy days in good 'ol Pratt and certainly cherish the memories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay I am laughing so hard I cannot read or see. Too funny. Thats the best b'day tribute ever.