Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Identity Crisis

I am not a die hard feminist or anything, but today, I was wondering why in the hell did I have to change MY last name?? I am sure my roommate would have been fine with me keeping my other name, we never really discussed it, however, it has been a pain in the ass for the past few years to remember "who" I am to different people.

For instance, today I was blessed with an email hacker. I get in touch with AOL, and their first question: What is your account name? Well, I have had this since 2001, can't remember if I changed my name in their system or not. So I tell them the situation. I am sure this was somewhat of a red flag. They then ask me my Mother's middle name - I tell them the answer. That is wrong. Apparently, at some point, my roommate had changed this to HIS mother's middle name. UGGH!

Seriously, in all fairness, it might be nice to have a new ritual of creating an alternative name. Yes, I know this will mess up genealogy, but really, aren't we all from apes anyway?

Here are my options that I came with:
Stellenberger
Sullens
Sullevens
Stevenberger

No comments: