Friday, December 4, 2009

A Trip to the Rain Forest, El Yunque

Today is a very special treat followers. You get to come on a virtual tour with me to the only rainforest in the US. It is called El Yunque (yoon-K). I kept calling pronouncing it as unique. Me so silly.




Tree roots - looks like it could fall over



The waterfalls are the spectacular part of the rainforest.



I am so proud of myself. I got in the freezing cold water and went underneath the waterfall to touch the other side. This was not without a lot of prodding, however. My roommate kept telling me that it would take 5 years off of me (25 sounds good!) and then this other lady got in the water and I just would not let myself be shown up by her. So, I passed her up, got all the way in the water and went underneath the waterfall. Let me just also acknowledge that one of my personal romantic dreams went by the wayside too. THERE WAS NOTHING ROMANTIC ABOUT FREEZING COLD WATER PELTING YOU LIKE HAIL STONES. Good news is that I am now again 25.





I just had to throw this one in here to show my hair is wet - PROOF that I got in the waterfall!

No comments: