Thursday, December 3, 2009

Our Hotel - Intercontinental Puerto Rico

My roommate allowed me the luxury of NOT sightseeing and spending a few days at the pool. It was awesome and truly the way I define vacation. In my life, there is vacation and then there is touring. I like to do a little of both, but boy do I enjoy one good day of not doing a darn thing but asking the pool boy to go get me another pina colada. Don't worry ladies, you didn't miss out on any cute pool boys.

View of our hotel from the street. Notice anything purple??



Closer view.

Little sidenote here: My roommate put this out on the balcony the first day we got there. We were there for eight nights and guess what, they didn't notice it until the last day we were there! They called and said we needed to take it down for security reasons. Don't see how it could be much of a risk if it had been there for 7 days already!!

One more sidenote: I decided to go up to our room earlier than my roommate so I could get a head start on getting ready to go to dinner (I don't think my hair every fully dried out for 8 days!), but we only had one room key with us so I told him I would prop the door open with the security latch. I am in the shower and I hear someone saying security, security. I yelled back for my roommate to be quiet and stop scaring me. Then 30 seconds later I hear a knock on the bathroom door, Security!! My roommate does not have a Spanish accent so I was convinced it wasn't him....I open the door, buck naked, trying to hide behind the door obviously, and he said that our door being propped open causes an alarm with the security desk so he wanted to make sure everything was OK. Whew!! Learned my lesson, I will not do that again.


View from our room. We had more of a city/bay view, however, you could catch a really pretty sunrise or sunset. Not that I ever saw a sunset....I was on vacation and that means sleeping in!!




Our hotel was right on the beach.


View of Pool and Swim Up bar. Pretty neat set up they have here. We watched a few football games while at the Swim Up bar. If I had a pool, it would need something like this.



Hot tub



View of the bar at night. Nice ambiance.



Don't look at the dork in the picture with the flower in her hair - look behind her, at the waterfall. It was pretty at night as they had all sorts of different lights to light up the water.



...and just because I can't resist sharing.....

No, this is NOT my roommate!!

No comments: