Thursday, April 30, 2009

Public Saftey Announcement

Last night I was watching the money (weather) channel and they said that the safety procedures for your car in a tornado are:

Get as low in the car as possible (below any windows)
Cover your head with your hands

I was shocked with these tips because I have always heard to get out in the ditch. The new rules make total sense for several reasons. First, my scared ass is NOT going to lay down in a ditch during a tornado. Second, I am afraid I would blow away (This is a comment on my strength, not my weight). Third, there is so much flying debris outside, it makes sense to have some protection inside your car.

Ok, Red, so what is the big deal? Well, one, I want to keep my followers safe, and two, I know I wasn't dreaming this, I saw it on the money channel, however, I can't find the article online anywhere to back up my knowledge. So, do what you want, but I think I will stay with Charley during my next tornado.

No comments: