Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My first job heartache

What??? Well, I had a client call me on Monday informing me that the school nurse called and informed him the kids had not been to school on Monday. I told him this wasn't a reason to be really alarmed at this point, told him some other people to contact regarding his children, and expected him to call me back. Well, I just heard back from him today. His kids still are not in school. So, I called the Police Dept. and requested the children be checked on. Officers have access to a great deal more information than I do, and within an hour he was able to tell me the mother has taken the children and moved to Illinois. (if you are wondering, this is not allowed per the divorce agreement and yes, she is in contempt of court). My client is devastated. I am assiting him in hopefully resolving this situation very quickly, however, he is just so upset that he can't see his children. I feel so bad for him and wish there was more I could do, however, I bet this is going to be a long, expensive battle. I haven't been faced with this issue yet, and let me tell you, it is heartbreaking.

No comments: