Thursday, January 22, 2009

Following the Rules

So I learned something very interesting about my roommate last night - he follows the rules at gas pumps. What rules you may ask? Well, the "rule" that you should not get back into your car while pumping, you need to remain outside your car and watch the gas pump, you are not to use your cell phone while pumping gas, etc. I never knew he was so serious while at the gas pump. Last night we were on our way home from Manhattan and we had to get gas at midnight. He of course, as every rule abiding citizen does, stands outside the car while the slow as hell pump took 15 minutes to fill up the car. He then proceeds to go inside, I am thinking he is soooo anal he needs his receipt, but no, he wanted to buy a lottery ticket. I was certainly not feeling lucky as the Cats lost AGAIN and I was tired and cranky, so I very noticeably rolled my eyes. Well, I guess he was no longer feeling lucky as he got back in the car promptly. Then comes the conversation ME: "Why didn't you go inside as the gas was pumping?" Him: "Because you aren't supposed to and I wanted to be nice and not make you get cold standing outside" ME: "Well, I never stand outside anyway, I always get back in my car, I guess I will blow up with my car." HIM: "Well, you need to make sure you touch metal before getting in." ME: "I touch the handle and the door jamb". "The handle is plastic." I GIVE UP!!

No comments: