Friday, December 5, 2008

I give up

...I can't ever make chicken n dumplings as good as Cracker Barrel's. I am sure I will keep trying though. Have you guys ever had them - they are so delicious! And add a side of fried okra and you are just in heaven. I really sound like a southern girl now!

Interesting situation yesterday - I had a consult with a client and she was telling me how she was going to have to find a storage shed for all of her collections. So I ask, what is it you collect - her response: Japanese comic books. I, trying to not act like I am shocked asked, "Oh, do you know how to speak Japanese?" Her response: "No, I just like to look at the pictures." Now isn't that crazy??? She admitted that she has thousands of dollars worth of these comics and she doesn't even know what the hell they say!! Then she goes on to tell me that she attends Japanese animation conventions. WHAT?? "And where are these held", I ask. She told me all over the US and she even traveled to Japan for one. I am thinking at this point she should really learn Japanese. Seems to me she spends a whole lot of time around people that she has no clue what they are saying.

I hate being around people that speak a language I don't understand. I know this is so self-centered, but I always think they are talking about me. Do you ever get that feeling? Just gives me the hee-bee jeebies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It must be a trait in our family, because you know that mom and I always feel just the same. Especially when the hispanic men are staring and then speaking!!