Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Family and Xmas Update

See the cookie on the bottom left? This is how I feel about holiday baking!! Actually, my friend, who was so patiently assisting me, made this one. I decided I wanted to make sugar cookies and frost them up all cute and pretty. Little did I know how time consuming and tedious this is! I was all focused on baking them for the appropriate amount of time (6 minutes and 30 seconds)that I let them sit out on the cooling racks until they cooled into bricks! I was so upset and pissed that my friend had to do something to ease the tension and make me laugh! I frosted the cookies and they turned out ok, but don't be surprised if I sell my new collection of cookie cutters at my annual garage sale.





Just to make you jealous... here is a pic of my baking on Sunday. I learned how to make cinnamon rolls. I always heard of older ladies baking them and I do not know how they do it. Kneading and rolling out dough is really a work out. Supposedly it is a stress reliever but I don't agree b/c all I could focus on is how bad my back and wrist hurts. I think a vodka and cranberry and chaise lounge on the deck is a much better solution for stress relief.




Please meet the latest addition (replacement) to our family. Jorge Stevens, III was laid to rest on Saturday, but not buried until Monday. OOPS! People, he was still in the bowl, he never floated to the top, so I couldn't actually tell if he was for sure a goner. I hope Jorge Stevens IV (Quattro, as he likes to be called) decides to really bite the dust when he decides to go. Quattro looks like his mother, but has the temperament and appetite of his father.



Ahh, tis the season for love and getting along.....too bad they can't be this sweet to each other everyday! They were on their way to see Santa, so of course they were on their best behavior!

No comments: