Sunday, November 23, 2008

What has happened to me???

I have turned into someone that I used to talk about. You know, the person that doesn't even celebrate Thanksgiving because they are too busy prematurely getting ready for Christmas? Well, I am realizing that maybe some of these people found it more convenient to decorate for Christmas prior to Thanksgiving, and if they wait until after T-day it will be two weeks into December, and what is the point of dragging all of that stuff out for 2 - 3 weeks max??? I am personally leaving town for Thanksgiving (don't want to make you jealous, but I will be in VEGAS, baby) and really don't want to deal with vacation laundry and trying to decorate for X-mas. I was in a good mood today not rushing around, just decorating at my leisure. I also had assistance this year with the tree, so it was quite enjoyable.

So, now that I am thinking about Christmas, I have to ask you all something (there are people out there reading, right?). What was your favorite X-mas gift you ever received? There are a few that come to mind, but one of my most favorite gifts was a Fry-Daddy. I know, wierd to want one, but I was a wierd child and still am for that matter. I loved making those biscuit donuts with the 'Daddy. I am sure my Mother did not love the mess, but it sure did make me happy. One other fav gift was a pink and grey ten speed. Unfortunately it was icy and snowy that X-mas, but I was determined to ride it, so I went back and forth on our porch, but really that was only about two pedal pushs and then manuever the turn. FUN!

Tell me what your most favoritest gift was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My favorite Christmas present was a red fire truck I got when I wa about three years old. One of the ladders was broken, so my parents had to take it back, but I got to play with it for the entire Christmas Day.

I didn't get a "replacement" fire truck until about five years later.