Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Voting Hangover

So I voted, and yes, it was for the first time ever. I am sooooo not into politics, but found that it was important to exercise my right to vote, so I did, and boy it was not as much fun as I thought it would be. There was absolutely no line to stand in, plenty of places to park and no sort of riot outside of the church where I voted. Extremely boring. AND the person I supported (say whatever you want, I don't take any of it personal) lost, therefore I feel like I lost some sort of contest. Does anyone else feel this way?

Something amusing did happen at the polls yesterday - My other half was also voting for the first time. We had registered and were set up to vote at the same place. I go to sign my name first (I also couldn't believe they didn't ask for my photo ID, but I digress) and other half said he saw his name - but I said "No, that is Diane". Well, sure enough, damn Diane signed on his line. The voter people made him sit off to the side so they could figure out what the hell to do. Did anyone see the Kevin Costner movie Swing Vote? I did and it was an absolutely horrible movie, but I was sort of getting excited that maybe I have married a soon to be celebrity. My other half was getting ticked off that Diane possibly ruined his chance of voting. The proctor guy decided that he needed to sign right by Diane's incorrect signature and that he could go ahead and vote. Who knows if it was counted, but it is certainly a moot point this morning.

1 comment:

cinda said...

Yesterday was your best blog ever - Willie's costume horror was hilarious. In today's, I forbid you to call your spouse "my other half" - gay gay gay.