Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Savannah Recap

Days 3 & 4 - these were the best two days of our trip. The weather was great, hotel was awesome and we enjoyed a very fun wedding. We stayed at the Westin hotel and if you are going to Savannah, splurge a little bit and stay here. It is one of the best resort hotels I have stayed at. They don't price gouge you on parking, resort fee was reasonable and they provided entertainment and activities that you were actually interested in (Jazz festival and oyster fest were the Friday and Saturday activities while we were there).

When I think about Savannah I think about the trees with moss hanging on them, lots of old, well kept homes and cute shops. The town is built upon squares (learned this on our tour), but I obviously didn't listen past that b/c I don't know how many squares there are or why it was started by squares. Anyway, all of the historic squares have beautiful greenery, usually a statue and some benches (like mini parks).



Hotel view from across the river:


View from our hotel room. I wanna go back!!!


The little ferry that would take us across the river to get to Savannah's shops.


A tugboat pic!! I just LOVE them!! I would squeal like a little kid every time I saw them. So amazing that the baby boat guides in the big boat. I will dedicate a post to them separately. I have lots of pictures to share.



Pic of the Kansas gals at the wedding:

No comments: