Monday, April 11, 2011

Elephant and Shark

Sorry for the hiatus, I was on vacation for a week, then had to play catch up for a week. Sometimes it is hard to justify going on vacation considering how hard you have to work before and after. When I think about this, I just think about how my Mom would pack all 5 of us up for a week at the lake in the RV. I bet she just wanted to watch us all drive away and she stay at home to rest instead of getting in Luther and going to the lake with us. I always say to my friends now, "so this is why Mom was in a bad mood sometimes". Yup, I get it.

Anyway, let's look into goofy crap I do while traveling. First off, I usually fly Southwest. They publish this magazine called Spirit. It is a good read, and yes, I realize it is probably germ infested so I shouldn't read it.....anyway, I was entertained for a goof 45 minutes with an origami project. I turned a dollar into an elephant!!

Instructions:



Finished project:


Yes, his front leg is a little off, but jeez, pretty good I must say.



The first let of our vacation was Hilton Head. I will give HH its own post, but I have to laugh at these pics I found on my phone. I have about 45 more pics just like these. First off, you can't tell its a dolphin, it looks like a shark to me, and second, the pics do nothing to share the beauty of dolphins.





The dolphin tour we went on "guaranteed" a dolphin sighting. I thought this sounded pretty good, considering my Dad can't catch a fish somedays when he is out on the lake all day. Well.....we saw some dolphins alright, BUT in all honesty, the tour was a bit of a bust b/c we found out that there are 3 dolphins that lived in this harbor so it wasn't like we went and found dolphins out in the ocean by chance. I really can't bitch too much, I wanted to see a dolphin and darn it, I saw 3 dolphins.

No comments: