Thursday, June 9, 2011

UPDATES

My car situation ended up being MINOR. $350 fix v. $3000. Yes, it was only a filter that was acting up not the transmission itself.

My roommie and I went to see the Diana exhibit at Union Station this weekend. It was very cool, but ticked me off that there was not a portion devoted to her being a mother. Nothing about William or Harry. I guess that was a family decision and I am sure the Princes were involved in that decision, but I was disappointed. Her wedding dress is on display and it was so interesting to see the bows. A big bow on the front, bows on the sleeves. Not good. Also, her dress and all of her bridesmaid dresses together cost only $1900. Very affordable!!

One thing that I took away was how thoughtful Di was. She wrote a lot of personal letters, often thanking them for something. I do write thank-you notes, but this just was a reminder of how important a hand-written note is. It is a dying tradition, but one I want to keep around.

While at Union Station we came across a model roller coaster display. I had no clue how in love with coasters my other half is. The display was a history of Worlds of Fun coasters. It was pretty cool and a great walk down memory lane for roommie. It is so interesting how certain things just trigger us back to childhood.



Part of the sadness surrounding my car was that I had to miss Mickey and Minnie's kindergarten graduation. It was recorded, so I am sure they will be delighted to show off their video. They are very fond of themselves in photographs and videos. Hmmm....maybe they take after their Mom or Aunt???

No comments: