Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Country Girl!!

Yes, I am from a small town, but I am definitely not a country girl. Of course, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being a country girl, I just am not one. For instance, I borrowed boots from my sister in law to start my outfit, and it took me about 2 hours of trying on clothes to find my perfect cowgirl outfit. I found myself googling Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift to get ideas. Admittedly, one problem was a belt that I just had to wear, but I wanted to wear a dress, not jeans. AHHHHH fashion dilemmas!!

Why was I dressing up as a cowgirl on an occasion other than Halloween you ask?? Well, there was a KSU fundraiser called the Powercat Auction and it had a cowboy theme. I really had no clue if people would be dressing up or not, but considering the fact that we are an "agricultural" school, I figured there would be a lot of real cowboys and girls there looking great in their boots and hats.

Here is what I came up with (hat courtesy of KSU):



I found my cowboy!!



Uh-oh!! I found a famous cowboy!!

Truth be told, my roommie wanted me to get a picture with him and I didn't want to. I get nervous around famous people. This is Jordy Nelson, a KSU alum, who plays for the Green Bay Packers (watch the 2011 Superbowl and you may be impressed). The reason I get nervous around famous people is b/c I tend to say silly things:
Me: Hi Jordy, will you sign my hat (cowboy hat)?
Jordy: Sure:
Me: This is probably silly to tell you, but I named my cat after you.
Jordy throws his head back in laughter and probably embarrassment
Me (as roommie has the camera): Can I take a picture with you?
Jordy: Sure
Me: You don't have to stand up, I will just squat down beside you.

I play this brief convo back in my head and just am reminded what a total geek I am. I am 100% confident Jordy remembers that some crazy girl named a feline after him, and is probably thinking can't you at least name a dog after me???

What I really needed:

These were auctioned off for the low price of $5,000!

No comments: