Monday, July 26, 2010

Lover, Lover Lover

This past Thursday, Jerrod Niemann was at the Power and Light for a free concert. He is friends with my sister in law and I was so extremely excited to meet a celebrity!! We tried really hard to get to go backstage, but never got the invite. I am not sure if there is a "backstage" at the Power and Light area, but still.

So Jerrod has quite the story. He has been trying to make it in music his whole adult life, had a few record deals, but never a hit as big as this one. If you haven't heard the song, go listen to it now!

Anyway, so the four of us (roommate, his sister, her spouse and me) go to the concert to cheer him on. As my luck would have it, I was in the damn bathroom when Lover, Lover came on, so I missed the highlight of the show....but the real highlight came after the concert when we actually go to meet Jerrod. It was pretty exciting as I have not met that many celebrities.

Us with Jerrod


Us with the Drummer



I also totally bitched out a Q104 (country station) photographer. So here I am, standing to the side of the stage. A man comes up behind me and says "Excuse Me." So I kindly move to the left and give him room to get by. HE THEN STANDS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!. Oh, boy, this did not sit well with the hot redhead with a few beers in her system. I got in his face and reminded him very loudly that EXCUSE ME MEANS FOR HIM TO MOVE AROUND ME, NOT STAND RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. He informed me he is with Q104 and he can stand where ever he wants. Ummm..NO IT DOESN'T! However, I must have scared him b/c he did move on. Showed him.

No comments: