Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk

I know this is a figure of speech, but it was almost true today. As some of you may/may not know, I eat cereal in the car on the way to work. I sometimes add my milk to my bowl before I leave, or sometimes I put it in a cup and add it right before I eat my milk (HATE soggy cereal!). Why do I need to add my milk later? Well, sometimes I first put on my makeup (usually only mascara). I know, I am the poster child for poor driving decisions, but trust me, I get all of this done before I hit the highway.

Anyway, back to my morning.

I am rushing trying to get the the Courthouse and then to my office for a consult. I have on a cute dress (first time to wear it) and it is an above average day. I have my briefcase, cereal bowl, cup of milk, lunch bag, purse and Tervis Tumbler filled with tea. I realize I cannot open the door with all of this in my hand, so I set the cereal bowl and cup of milk on the table at the entry way of the door. As I am trying to get out the door, my lovely son, Willie, tries to escape. I move sideways in front of him, knock over the milk, sending it dripping down the wall, the table, my briefcase and my dress. UGGGHH!!

Willie is in heaven. He loves milk. I am sure he thinks I did this on purpose to feed his need for milk. I so wanted to scream and cry, but I didn't have time for that, I had to change, somewhat clean up this mess and get on with my day.

I thought animals were supposed to reduce stress.....

No comments: