Tuesday, July 27, 2010

31, yeah.

What is exciting about 31? Not much, really. No, seriously, I WILL make myself focus on something positive today.

About 9 years ago today, I received a very special card in the mail. I believe it was sent overnight. It was a birthday card from my roommate. It was absolutely one of the sweetest things I had received in a LOOOOOONG time. He even wrote in the card, which, I find 9 years later, I am lucky to even GET a card, let alone a message in one from him. Oh yeah, focus on the positive. You guys are probably thinking, a card, so what. My roommate and I had a weird start to our relationship. Since May 1, 2001 we have been together, however, we never really had the "dating" stage. We hung out for several weekends, then he had to go to Bismarck, ND for work. We then had a phone relationship for several months. Seriously, I kept calling him everyday and he never told me to stop, so I guess you could say I wore him down. I really wasn't sure if he really liked me or if he was bored and I was somewhat entertaining, so he kept answering my phone calls.

All of that changed on 7/27/01!! I got a card, it was very thoughtful and had a sweet message!! Now that is a great birthday present (not to mention the very generous Pier One gift card inside!).

Today I find myself looking back on that day and getting a big smile on my face because it is so priceless to find someone to be your true constant in your life. He was there 1st thing this AM and will be there last thing tonight as I put on my eyemask (yes, I sleep with an eyemask and it is heavenly, not to mention sexy) and go to sleep. I am pretty sure today will be a good day. :)

No comments: