Thursday, September 3, 2009

Still feeling it

Sorry for the hiatus, I had a wedding and then vacation!! My roommate and I went to one of my favorite spots as a child, Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs. Boy, have things changed (meaning me growing older!!). I hadn't skied in 9 or 10 years, however, miraculously I was able to get up the first time. Getting up was the easy part. Hanging on and using my arm and leg muscles that hadn't been used for years was the hardest part. Don't get me wrong, it was still a lot of fun, however, it was a lot more work, i.e., burn in the quads, hams and shoulders.

Next comes day two.....I miraculously get up on my ski again, however, there is some excruciating horrible pain...I can't figure it out, it is in my lower leg. I let go of the rope and ask my driver (my Dad) what the heck it could be. My not so young skin is now bruising easier than ever and the spray (the water coming out from under the ski) from yesterday has bruised my leg. Great. I get back up again, and suffer through as long as I could, but my goodness it hurt. I looked like I had been in a fight after I got out of the water, bruises on the front and back of my legs, not to mention about 30 mosquito bites. I wanted to take pictures, however, my other half thinks I gross out my readers too much so I refrained.

Day two part two....the lake is pretty calm, my favorite time to ski, but guess what, my butt doesn't want to get out of the water. It took me not one, but three times to get up. I am pissed at this point and some measly water spray bruise is not going to stop me from enjoying this experience. I did enjoy it too...the cool breeze, fresh air, sunset and time with my family.

Minnie and I


Our little cottage we rented



No comments: