Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You just never know

My goodness, I am shocked today at the news of Nathsha Richardson. She was skiing on a bunny slope, taking a ski lesson, and fell. She got up, was talking and walking, but went to her room to rest. She then began to have a bad headache and then they rushed her to the hospital. Now she is determined to be brain dead.

This is just so crazy to me. My parents (thank you so much!!) took us skiing several times when we were kids and we were little wild things. We would ski in and out of the trees and fall constantly. We never thought about wearing a helmet, but now I guess the hypochondriac Mom that I will be will wrap my kid in charmin and make it wear a helmet. Jeez, will things be fun anymore or will we be so scared to do anything before too long? For instance, I love the sound of motorcycles but am scared of them. Even if I have a helmet on it doesn't mean that I will come out of a wreck looking very good. The whole face plant thing really scares me. I know, I am supposed to put my hands out before I hit my face but sometimes my instincts like that don't work (call me Grace, my Mom does).

I know I said this last week, but I am really feeling it now....you just never know when your day is coming so try and live this day to the fullest. And what I have to tell myself is to not be so bitchy to the people that may give my eulogy. Joking, I DO NOT WANT A EULOGY. I do not want a formal service even. I am sure my roommate will not carry out my wishes b/c he wants "closure". I would really be fine with a nice meal, pictures shared, stories shared, and if you want, you can print this out for entertainment. Ok, enough funeral planning for now.

Have a great day!!!

No comments: