Wednesday, March 11, 2009

With a heavy heart

Hello, I just got back this morning from DC and have been catching up on my email, reading blogs, and a bit of work. I waited until last to read my last blog, the one about Shawndra, who is dying of cancer. She is down to her last days as her family has decided to only administer pain medicine.

Once again, I am reminded how precious life is and how much I take for granted every day, if not at least once an hour. Please take a moment as you read this and take a deep breath and allow yourself to smile. Why? Because you can, and most of all because you have something to smile for, your life and all of the other lives around you. DO IT NOW!!

On another (lighter) note, happy birthday to my niece and nephew, Mickey and Minnie. I cannot believe 4 years has gone by since you came into this world. I have enjoyed our times together and look forward to seeing you at the end of this month. You two are quite the handful, but an enjoyable handful!! It is fun to see you two learn and grow! Love you bunches!!

No comments: