Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Not sure if I am cut out for DC....

I am headed off to DC tomorrow so I can be sworn into the Supreme Court. I am still deathly afraid of speaking in court, so I am really doing this because it makes for a good story and wall art. Here are some reasons why I do not feel that I am qualified to go on a trip to DC:

1. Watergate – travel partner wants to go there – had not clue it was a place, just thought it was a scandal
2. Vice Presidents house – I had no idea he had his own house, thought he lived in the White House
3. Supreme Court – I am studying the justices, I don’t know their names yet
4. Museums tend to bore me a bit
5. I get Arlington and Mt. Vernon confused – still am confused while I am typing this. Believe one is a cemetery and one is a president’s place of birth
6. I am not a history buff – can you tell?
7. I must stay by my travel partner’s side or I will NEVER make it back to KS, I am not a genius when it comes to map

Other than this, should be a good time. Will update you with pics upon my return next week. Don’t miss me too much!

No comments: