Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Maybe its not meant to be....

…so I am home without a roommate for a few days and left to the responsibility of taking care of Willie (cat). Pretty easy task, sure! He drives me crazy b/c he wants to go outside all of the time, but I have agreed to not let him roam after dark (had a little incident once, see first ever post). So, to allow myself a bit of sanity, I let him out for a bit, while it was still dusk. I then start chatting on the phone with my Mom for a minute (more like 30) and start to hear rain and thunder so I tell her I need to get off the phone. I am yelling for Willie out the front and back door, shaking his treats, and getting anxious b/c he isn’t on the porch yet. Weird thing is, I swore I heard him meowing when I was on the phone (we mothers are good at ignoring our children's crys when we ARE ON THE PHONE!!). 10 minutes, 15 minutes, no Willie. Oh boy, getting really pissed now, guess I am going to have to drive around the neighborhood to find my son. Open the door to the garage – and oops! There he was! What I forgot was that I let him back in the house (and somehow locked him in the garage)!! I am NOT up for Mother of the year.

That is what is good about animals, they can’t call SRS.

No comments: