Monday, October 27, 2008

Are You Afraid of Anything?

I have to admit, I have very irrational fears. I know, most fears are irrational, but mine are just down right silly. I am not afraid of big animals, but small, non-fierce animals such as frogs and birds. My most sincere fear right now is birds. Lately I feel they have been flying really close to me and are just about to attack me. What do I think they are going to do to me? Well, several things are possible, beak out my eyes, put their feet onto my cartoid artery, you know, every day bird attack scenarios.

Here are a few examples of my latest run-in with birds:

I was mowing around a tree of ours in the front yard (really it is just a stick with a few leaves since it is only about a 3 year old tree) and this bird kept diving in and out of the tree, flying very close to my head. I had to stop mowing it was scaring me so bad. So, I ask for reinforcements from my other 1/2 (I rang the door bell and asked if he could scare the bird away) and guess what? The bird was never to be seen again that day - guess the idea of reinforcements worked.

I was on vacation in Colorado a few weeks ago and we were at the top of Estes Park. We get out of the car and there is this black crowe thing (very large beak I might add) and it is swooping down very close to us and to another car. Then it was doing the most outrageous thing - tapping its feet down on the roof of the car!! See, if they will do it to a car they might to it to your head or something. Well, it turns out the people left some food for it on the roof of their car, however, I choose to believe it was attacking the car.

So, what are your fears? Please tell me someone else has a silly fear!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shea you are too silly. I have always been grossed out about birds since that pigeon hotel in Pratt, but never experianced a fear!