Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year (5 days late!)

Happy New Year!!! 2011 started as a pretty exciting year, so I am ready for whatever the year has to bring me.



I do have to look back to 2010 and mark the year of 2010 as the year that I became more aware of how very important your senses are. You know, the big 5, sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell. If you lost one of them, what would you want it to be? Hard to pick when these five "little" things shape our everyday life in ways you can't even begin to imagine until you are faced with losing one of them. As most of you know, my sister had a short bout without her sight, and while it is not completely back, she has the sense of vision back to a greater degree than we ever thought possible. It is a true miracle in my eyes. From this experience I am trying to look up and just thank someone up there for the little things every day.

I must also comment that today is my Mom's birthday. She isn't really into birthdays or a big to-do, however, I know she reads this and I want her to know how much I love her. I am thankful for the true friendship we have.

OK - on to New Years!!

My roommate and I celebrated in Times Square. We were in New York for the Kansas State Pinstripe Bowl and our hotel was right in Times Square. It was our 2nd trip to New York, so we were a bit seasoned with the Subway (ok, there is no WE there, my roommate knows how to navigate the subway), the crowds in Times Square, were to shop, when to go, etc. I will do a better post on New York later.

Right in front of our hotel was where the VIP buses parked. VIP meant NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, and Jersey Shore folks. Yes, we saw Pauly D in person and yes, he is really that orange. No Snooki sighting, sorry folks. I hardly recognized any of the older stars as they have aged a lot since they were stars. We did recognized Donnie Walberg and my roommate fist pounded him. I know you all are jealous of all of this.....j/k.

My date for the night - he is camera shy. Hat provided courtesy of restaurant.


Our view of confetti as the New Years rang in:

No comments: