Thursday, May 27, 2010

I miss these days

About 20 years ago....(uggh, I can't believe I am writing something that is a 20 year old memory, that doesn't seem possible), my daily schedule was this:

1. Get up at 10:00 a.m.
2. Eat cereal
3. Call and annoy Mom at work, or see if she wrote my sister and I a note of chores to do.
4. Call and annoy Mom at work (I have no idea how she kept her job)
5. Unload half of the dishwasher
6. Tell my sister to do her half
7. Get annoyed that she wasn't doing her half and do it for her
8. Watch David the Gnome and other Nick shows
9. Watch Young and the Restless (maybe this is when I started to create a fantasy world).
10. Make the rounds of phone calls to see who was going to the pool that day.
11. Call and annoy Mom at work.
12. Eat lunch
13. Pack my bag and get ready for the pool.
14. My sister and I rode to Mom's work to annoy her some more.
15. Finally! Pool time!!

I really miss these days. It is funny to think that back then I thought I had it rough b/c I had to do chores! HA!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I miss these days, too! Life was so much easier. I did the same calling mom thing too. Where was your brother during all of this and why did he not have some chores??

Amusing Red said...

He only had one chore - trash duty. Never thought that was fair!!

Erin said...

Now we know...I always had to police B, if his chores weren't done, I couldn't go swimming. So I did them a lot too. I cannot imagine a day I would let my kids ride their bike to the pool all alone, but time will tell! Keep us laughing, Red!