Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cops and Donuts

I was driving to another attorney's office this AM and saw traffic stopped and a line of cars. The cops were directing traffic due to the backup. No, not a wreck, it was the grand opening of Dunkin Donuts at 75th and Metcalf! I find it hilarious that this is such an occasion to require traffic control. OR is it that the cops want to show how important they are to get free donuts??? hmmmmmm.... J/K cop friends!

It reminds me of when I lived in Tulsa and a Krispy Kreme opened up. There was traffic control for MONTHS. Yes, warm Krispy Kreme glazed donuts are like legal cocaine, but it was amazing to me that day after day people would wait hours to get them. Embarrassing to admit, but I did wait in that line a few times :)

For the record, my roommate and I agree (yes, I know, hard to believe!) that Daylight Donuts are the best!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree and Taco Delight is by far the best Mexican fast food!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG - so agree on that one too!! AND Pizza Tacos are awesome. We always say that we love when we go to Pratt b/c there is so much good food! :)