Friday, June 5, 2009

National Donut Day

OMG....Did not know this holiday existed!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DONUTS!!! However, I only allow myself about 3-4 donut eating episodes a year for the simple fact that I eat about 6 in one day. I love, love, love, them!! Daylight Donuts are my absolute favorite but I also love Krispy Kremes. I love a good ol glazed donut in the microwave for about 8 seconds, love a chocolate long john, love the sour cream donuts, love the strawberry cake donut and really, have you ever tried a fritter? Absolute deliciousness. Go out and celebrate my friends, its a holiday!!

Here is proof, if you don't believe me:
It's National Donut Day!

BY JESSICA DAMIANO | jessica.damiano@newsday.com

Doughnuts

Doughnuts (AP Photo)

It's National Doughnut Day, and you know what that means -- FREE DOUGHNUTS!

The Salvation Army created the holiday, which is always celebrated on the first Friday in June, in 1917 to boost the morale of troops fighting in WWI. According to holidayinsights.com, those doughnuts were fried in oil inside an American soldier's metal helmet.

Dunkin' Donuts and Krispy Kreme outlets both are commemorating the holiday by giving out free doughnuts.

To get your freebee at Dunkin' Donuts, you'll need to buy a drink. But there are no strings attached at Krispy Kreme.

No comments: