Monday, December 20, 2010

Xmas Light Tour

This past Saturday, my roomie took me and two friends on a Xmas light tour. It was such a delight, I felt like a kid riding in the back of the Good Times Van. (the van my parents had when I was growing up, and I LOVED IT). Anywho, he mapped out our plan and even created a playlist. So fun.

So, we head out to several Olathe neighborhoods. We went to Christmas Card Lane, where most homeowners had made a Christmas Card out of plywood. Cute tradition, but there were too many bah humbugs in the neighborhood. Then on to the Griswolds and OMG, it was great. Everyone in the little lane and culdesac totally decked out their house. Then....we get to the gem of them all....Paulines Penguins. Pauline loves penguins apparently and she has every single penguin blow up that exists. Anyone in the KC area must go see this. It is free, and will bring a smile to your face. Seriously. She even has a snow machine and Happy Feet (the movie) playing on a screen on her house. Pauline doesn't mess around!

Sorry for the quality of some of the pics.

Favorite one!


KC's Xmas card for next year!




This will NOT be our Xmas card!



P.S. We also went to Longview Lake. I don't want to be a negative nelly and get haters on here, but seriously think before you take the drive to this exhibit. It took us 1.5 hours to get through the park, but the light portion was only 15 minutes. Let's just say that my roomie the driver was sitting in a car for 1.5 hours with 3 impatient women. Probably not his idea of a good time!

No comments: