Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grateful

I have been so touched by the writings of Elizabeth Edwards. It is unfortunate that her death has made me aware of her writings. She was so poetic, true and honest in her words. I heard a quote on Good Morning America today that was so inspiring:

"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered," she wrote. "We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful."

I so often wonder what my impact is, or will be, and it is comforting to be reminded that it doesn't have to be some grand plan, just a daily effort to have a positive impact. A little right now can mean a lot in the end.

Love to you all and here's to lots of hope in our near future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so inspired by Elizabeth as well. I heard this same quote this morning and the first thought that came to my mind was how humble she seems.