Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

I had a great Thanksgiving. Our T-day was pretty low key, but of course my roommate had to spice it up with a turkey cook off. I somehow don't find it fair that I am responsible for multiple things plus the turkey and he just does one measly breast. Oh yeah, I brined it and I buttered it up for him. Anywho.....our guests were not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings and only one vote was officially cast for him. Smart guests!! :) He smoked his turkey and yes it was very delicious, however, I like the traditional turkey taste with the T-day trimmings.

After dinner we played a very fun game - Wits and Wagers. We teamed up and my sister in law was on my team. We were REALLY bad at the trivia part. Here are some of our very bad answers:
1. Year women got to vote: 1957 -
2. How much does a 747 jet weigh - 4000 lbs
3. How often does Pluto go around the moon - every 365 days

We realized that we were very horrible at the trivia part, and should probably take 8th grade over again, so we just laughed and put down bad answers while my roommate and his team used their brain. We were good for laughs at least. AND we did get the hang of how to Wager, so we didn't do too bad in the overrall game.

I cut the heck out of my finger on Wednesday when I was in a hurry chopping onions and celery. It was annoying having your thumb out of commission when you are cooking. I was too scared to get stitches....not sure if they were warranted or not, but I just bandaged it up myself since it was a clean cut.





I babysat my 2nd favorite nephew (Mickey is currently my favorite although he can drop down to second place at any minute - ha!), Bennie. This was one of the easiest babysitting jobs ever. He sleeps at least 18 hours a day. Rough life.



No comments: