Thursday, March 11, 2010

Time, Slow Down!!

March 11, 2010 - the Twinkies are 5 years old!! I can't believe it has been five years since they were born, but really, Minnie talks like she is 10 and Mickey thinks he is old enough to own a gun and drive.

Minnie has matured so much in the past year, so much that she thinks that today, on the day she turns 5, she gets to automatically go to Kindergarten, however, she also believes that she doesn't have to attend school on her birthday (well, it IS a holiday she rationalizes). She is in love with an older boy that lives across the street from Grammie and Poppa, and gets very jealous when she doesn't get the attention she deserves. Minnie is a bright little girl who I believe will be very witty.

Mickey (I am sure before long he will make me quit calling him Lukey and require me to stick with Luke), who only a few years ago made me call him "Son" and was not interested at all in boy things, however, in the past few years, he has learned to love all things boy, such as hunting, fishing, getting dirty and riding his bike. Mickey can such a sweet boy, and loves to help, as well as get attention for helping (hmm, sounds like someone else I know!).

I am so blessed to have these little bits in my life and look forward to watching them drive their mother crazy.

No comments: