Monday, July 27, 2009

Thirty and....

happy!! Seriously, I am. Admittedly I am not where I thought I would be when I planned out my life at age 10, yet I am so much farther. In my scheme of life I thought I would be working for a company with two kids by now. So I'm not there yet with the kid thing, but boy have I accomplished and done so much more than I dreamed of.

Stop reading and skip to the pics, next part is a bit mushy.

First, I found such a great life mate. He challenges me daily and while it pisses me off sometimes, I really do love it (and him).

Second, I am at a great level of friendship with my family. My parents are still my parents, and I look to them for guidance, but mostly they are my friends. I enjoy their company and wish I had more time with them. I love my niece and nephew as if they were my own and this has allowed my sisterhood with my sister to evolve. And finally, my brother and I are on great terms. We communicate so much better than we used to and enjoy the times when we get together. I also have a great "in-law" family and am so lucky to have great relationships with all of them, especially since they live close to me.

Third, career wise I am at a great place. I NEVER thought I would be a business owner, but am loving it. I still have a long ways to go, but so far things are going great.

ON TO THE LIGHTER SIDE...

The main thing I look forward to in my thirties: No more zits. Please, god, tell me this happens. I thought they ended after high school, but I still am blessed with several.

So my roommate and I went on our anniversary/birthday weekend and had a great time. I may be thirty, but I am still goofy. We went to eat at this new restaurant and I had noticed several desserts with candles, so as my dessert was coming out I said "Oh how cute, they put candles on all their desserts!" Roommate laughs. Then my plate gets closer to me and it says Happy Birthday on it. OOPS!

Here are some pics:



We also had some awesome white wine sangria. so delicious!

No comments: