Monday, July 20, 2009

Ahh, Reminiscing

So this time two years ago my brother, Mom and I were trapped in my basement. Was the door locked? No. Was someone holding the door shut? No. Did we trap ourselves in a closet? No. IT WAS WILLIE. He went berserk the day before our wedding. Unfortunately he chose to go crazy on the stairs of the basement and he would not let anyone near him or let us go up the stairs. I know it sounds crazy that a 15 lb cat is holding three adults hostage, but it is the absolute truth. Willie would not even be lured by food, he was out of his mind. I was so desperate I called my roommate (b/c he was golfing) and informed him that I was calling animal services to have him picked up. That obviously did not sit well so our last resort was to find a way to force him up the stairs. Luckily my basement serves a storage area. My brother took an old comforter and he and Willie went to war. Brad did not come out of the war without some wounds, but he finally got Willie to move.


So what caused this?? Well, I had my flowers in my basement and I believe he chewed on some flowers that caused him to be psychedelic. Word to the wise: Don't feed your cat live flowers.

P.S. I understand this story sounds lame, but it was a terrifying moment in my pre-wedding jitters.

No comments: