Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bribery = Bowling

When I was in Arkansas last month, the kids were bribed to be good with a trip to the bowling alley. They were told if they were good at school and at home, on Thursday we would do something special. Well, Monday after school I pick up the kids and Minnie is half orange with marker. I asked her what happened and she very seriously said "marker war"! Mickey then quickly informed me that she did not get a smiley face b/c of the marker war....oh boy, looks like someone doesn't want their special treat!! So, to even it out I told Minnie she would have to do chores to make up for her behavior. She helped gather the trash, fold and put away clothes and pick up toys. This ended up backfiring on me b/c she was bragging to Mickey about her chores and what all she did, then Mickey wanted chores!! You really can't win with this parenting stuff.

Well....we made it through the next four days with no big issues, so off to Professor Bowl we went.

Thank goodness they only had the energy for one game, b/c bowling is expensive these days!! My parents put us kids into a bowling league when we were kids, so I have always liked to bowl. I am not an awesome bowler, but I did win a trophy one year.....no idea what it was for, possibly most improved!!

The bumpers for kids these days are pretty cool, they come up when it is the kids turn to bowl, then go down when it is the adults turn.

They look so cute in their shoes





Granny style! Bringing back old school!



This little guy is too manly for Granny style! It was a miracle he didn't throw the ball backwards.

No comments: