Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ten Thousand Villages

I received a beautiful necklace and earring set from my sister for my b-day.



The packaging said Ten Thousand Villages, so I asked her about the store. She told me that the store in her area is located at the Clinton Presidential Library and they sell all sorts of really cool things, at decent prices. The shopper in me wanted to find out more, and went to their website.

As you can tell, it is a fair trade organization and the profits go the artisans who would otherwise be starving if it weren't for organizations like these. Most of the products are made from sustainable products or recycled materials - which makes it all the more cool!

I have received two compliments on my necklace today and am so happy that my sister purchased this at the Ten Thousand Villages store. Go search and click on something you like. You can see who made it and where it came from - usually with a picture. Such a great idea. I love jewelry and I love it even more when it has a story!