Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

Today, the 24th, is my parents 39th wedding anniversary. Congrats on this milestone and I am so happy and lucky to have both parents that are involved, active and loving in my life. Congrats Mom and Dad. I hope you continue to annoy and love each other for many more years!

Funny things:
1. My Dad relies on me to remember things for him. While I enjoy being the "responsible" one, it comes with a lot of pressure. For some reason I got it in my head that their anniversary was on the 25th....so last year my Dad flubbed up and had planned something for their anniversary but was a day late. Of course this was my fault as it is my responsibility to remember HIS wedding day. :)

2. I posted earlier in the week about my Dad gathering twigs for his fish habitat. My MOM actually did a large amount of the gathering and tying of the twigs. She deserves credit for all of her hard work.

3. My roomie was saying that 39 is impressive. Yes, it sure is. But I thought I was funny in responding that we have been together 9, so we only have 30 to go, no big deal, he will still overeat and I will still be bitchy. I guess you could say I am pretty comfortable where we are.

No comments: