Friday, June 25, 2010

Ahhh....the Lake

I want lots of things, but one thing I really want is more time on the lake. It is one of the best childhood memories I have and really gives me great joy still today, even though certain things have changed.

I am a decent skier. I can actually say this is a sport that I am better than most people at (probably b/c it is something my parents started to teach us at a young age). Yes, admittedly, it is harder on the ol gal's body these days, but this past weekend I started to get my stride back. I was feeling much more comfortable.


Admittedly, my sister and I are not as good as we used to be, just because we are out of practice. We decided to challenge ourselves and while we did cut the wake with more of a pretty spray, we both took nose dives at one point....the not so fun part about skiing.

Now here is one really awesome part of the lake - a NEW TUBE. I call it the couch on the water. It is so much easier to ride than the old tubes. In fact, I had my Dad pull me around all by myself before I had to come back to work (boo!) just because it was so relaxing. And, not to mention, much safer for 5 year olds to ride than the one with a hole in the middle. The tube's name is Mabel and she is a beloved member of our family now. According to Minnie, she is a "good girl".

No comments: